Discussion Board

opening com port on 6630

hi evrybody,

i m trying to open a COM port on Nokia 6630 (Symbian OS 8.0) . It says "Already In Use" . Program works fine with emulator.
    [nd no other application is running on my phone that uses COM port]

Can somebody help me out with the problem.

regards
    manoj

Super Contributor
    That is a big question if really nothing else runs on the phone. Because what happens when you try to connect the phone to the PC using mrouter? There must be something on the phone side that will handle this connection.... I'd say that you should try to use different com port and if it is not possible then you must kill the process that is using the port (to be honest I'm not sure how to do this)...

The same problem exists also in 9300/9500. In older 92xx it was remote link that reserved serial port and it could be freed by using RRemoteLink interface from plpsrv (see http://www3.symbian.com/faq.nsf/0/1E...3?OpenDocument) . However, new Series80 SDK does not contain anything related to remote link. I assume that there is some way to free serial port but I haven't figured it out yet.

.. same is the problem with series 60 v 2.0 onwards. upto series 60 v1.2 they have given support to RRemoteLink, but 2.0 onwards it's deprecated.

Hi ,

nebody tried hands on the problem - any suggestions are welcome !

just for refreshing - problem is opening the COM port (serial port) on Nokia 6630 - gives error - "Already in Use" !!

thanks
    Manoj