Discussion Board

Question 6600 textfield pb with text

Hi,

I am developping an application in which the users is suposed to answer questions in textfields, the textfields have a limited size.

But there are two pb, e.g. in a textfield of 4 letters,

1) as soon as 4 letters are input an alert pops-up (not one of mine, but one specific to the 6600) telling that you have reached the end of the field. The pb is that the user did not input more letters than he is allowed to so why does this alert appears?

2) if the user wants to input "aaab",
    normaly ( = on every other phone) you have to press 3 times on the key 2 (the one with "abc" letters) to have the first 3 "a", and then you have to press twice quickly on it again to get a "b".
    Normaly.... because with the 6600 it is not possible, as soon as you press on the key 2 for the fourth time, the letter "a" appears followed with the popup alert, and each time you press on it again (to change the letter into a "b") the same popup alert appears. So the last letter nevers changes into a "b".
    And this happens everytime the last letter of the word can be input by pressing more than once on a key (so quite often).

Why should i do? I want to keep the size of the textfield fixed (because it is nice, and it works fine on every other phones).

Please, if someone knows a solution, let me know.

Thanks

I had a similar problem and the solution is to make the length of the field n+1, where n is the maximum number of characters.

In order to maintain your "n is maximum" rule, you use the trim() method in the String class to get rid of white space that may be at either end, and then the length attribute in class String to check that the length is at most n. You could probably handle this in your current Form.

Åge Kruger

Thanks for answering ÅgeKruger,

but I am looking for something more clever, because it works on the other phones, and an extra space is just going to disturb the users of my game. I would rather not restrict the size of the field.

But again thank you for taking time to answer me.

Does the NOKIA STAFF answers sometime?????
    Because this bug does not appear in the "Known issues of the 6600", but it is one.