Discussion Board

VPN client v4.1.35

Cheers,

Ich habe das Problem, dass ich den oben genannten Nokia VPN client nicht auf meinem Rechner installieren kann, da ich einen Dual Processor PC habe. Ich kann aber nur mit diesem Client den Tunnel aufbauen. Nach der Installation kommt bei mir stehts the blue screen of death. Hat jemand vielleicht ne work around Idee?

Best Grüsse,

Keyser

Nokia Developer Champion
    http://babelfish.altavista.com translation: "I have the problem that I cannot install the Nokia VPN specified above client on my computer, since I have a dual Processor PC. I can develop however only with this Client the tunnel. To the installation the blue screen OF comes death with me stehts. Does someone have perhaps ne work around idea?"

Does it work, if you disable the other processor (in other words, is the problem caused by having two)?

You can use /numproc=1 in boot.ini to disable the other processor (without switching from an SMP kernel to a single-CPU kernel).

Cheers,

thanks for the answer, but somehow I cant find the boot.ini

Where is it usually located? Someone also told me that i can change it in the BIOS setup, but I wasnt sure where, and somehow I dont want to mess up more than needed. Will there be a performance decrease if I switch to single processor mode?

Regards,

Keyser Soeze

Nokia Developer Champion
    boot.ini is in the root directory, C:\