Discussion Board

Unhappy Every time when Midlet launches on 6230 I need to confirm manually..

I have a Midlet that is automatically launched every 30 minutes. There is always a message asking me whether I want to start Midlet or no. I use PushRegistry.registerAlarm method. Ph
    one is Nok 6230.

Is there any way how to get rid if this user interaction that approves Midlet to launch? Thanks in avance...Dusan-

I hope not. The requirement for users to confirm the running of an application is protection against automatic viruses. It stops them from running unbeknownst in the first place, and also form respawning unbeknownst too. Although, Java can do very little damage at the low level, but i think it's nice to such a security feature keeping phones safe.

Åge Kruger

Super Contributor
    I think that if you get your application signed then the user will be able to put it in a different security domain that doesn't require confirmation every time it is auto-started.

shmoove

Yes signed...

Thank you guys. I was informed that I Midlet has to be signed but we tried the same Midlet on Symbian OS phone and there was no need of confirmation interaction and midlet starts automatically. I needed to confirm its automatic launch only once. So I expected the same behavior on Series 40. But it doesn't matter, we'll arrange digital signature for our Midlet.

Dusan-