Discussion Board

7650 J2ME/MIDP HTTP Post

Hi
    I have a Nokia 7650 handset microcode is "v3.12 18-06-02 NHL-2NA".

I am attempting a send an HTTP request using a POST from a MIDP simple application running on the phone.

The receiving application server always gets a HTTP GET request instead of an HTTP POST request even though I explicitly set the request as a POST in the application.

Running the same code in the Nokia MIDP emulator or other MIDP phones executes correctly with an HTTP POST request being received on the server.

Are you aware of any fixes or workarounds available for this (note sending a GET request ends up as a GET request on the server so problem is not vice-versa)

RE: 7650 J2ME/MIDP HTTP Post

Hi,

I've tried opening connection using HTTP, and it always returns java.io.IOException Status = -33. Do u know what this status means?

Could you send me the code u use?
    Although the POST is mixed up with GET, at least it is working...
    U can send me email to nadianm@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance...

RE: 7650 J2ME/MIDP HTTP Post

HttpConnection works fine(is fully functional) on the Nokia 7650. Try downloading "Coolaz Comics Nokia 7650 v.1.0.4" from http://www.midletcentral.com under the applications category. Futhermore all applications by this vendor targeted for the 7650 work with HttpConnections both with the old and new firmware.