Discussion Board

Lightbulb Push Registry Clarifications

Hi, I have implemented successfully both the push and SMS receive functionalities in Nokia 6230 (J2ME). However, I have the following questions which I am not sure of. Please let me know if you any advice or suggestions, thanks.

1. If a J2ME app implements SMS receive function, it would receive SMS designated for the J2ME's listening port. My question is if the app is not active/invoke, would the SMS be lost ?

2. If the J2ME app additionally implements push registry, the JMS would attempt to launch the app upon receipt of SMS designated for the app's listening port. My question is if the user did not launch the app as prompted by the JMS, would the SMS be lost ? Does the Push Registry keeps records of the SMSs ?

Thanks for any insights.

Hi, just to update on what I found. I read from somewhere that "the AMS must guarantee that that the original sms that triggers the push notification is available once the midlet starts. " However, when I test this on the 6630, it does not seem to work.. My application is triggered, but the message seems to be queue/buffer by the AMS. In my startApp(), I actually initiate reading the connections through a thread almost immediately. The curious thing is that another incoming message will triggered the previous message to be read from the connection !!

On my second problem, it seems like the SMS would be lost if the midlet is not active. However, it also seems to be phone-dependent.

Cheers !

Edmund