Discussion Board

Bluetooth HID profile

Hi,
    I'm implementing a bluetooth application to act as a HID host and receive data from the HID keyboard. The scenario is:

1. Initially I setup two L2CAP connections to the HID keyboard on port(PSM) 0x11 and 0x13 to get data from the two connections by using RSocket. This works fine for both reading and writing data on these two connections.

2. If the connection is broken because of unknown reason, ex. out of radio range, then the application starts listening on the two sockets with the same port numbers(0x11 and 0x13) to wait for connection re-establish from HID keyboard.

My problem is when the two listening sockets are accepted and connections are established, it will goes two situations. First, get KErrDisconnected or second, read no data after issuing read reqeust on the sockets. I'm sure that the HID keyboard is OK because it has been tested in PC environment. I guess it might be the incomplete HID implementation of my application. So is it possible to implement fully functional HID profile on S60 1.x and 2.0, 2.1?

Regular Contributor

Re: Bluetooth HID profile

Hi,

is it possible to get your existing source code for doing this?

It would be very nice to send it to max dot odendahl at t-online dot de

Thanks a lot for your help
    Max

Hi ,

I'm developing application that would make my mobile phone work as HID device. I can currently start both L2CAP connections bot no data is exchanged.

Could it be possible for you to send your code to me, it would be very useful for me? And maybe I could help you. If yes can you mail it to jascco at gmail.com

[EDIT]
    Sorry didn't notice that first post is so old. I think this thread is dead =(

Can I see your code?
    I am starting a application to make my n95 work as a hid mouse for windows, but i'm having so many problems...

Super Contributor

Hi,
    For properly working your application with HID devices you have to implement the HID profile.
    Have you seen this site.

this software that u pointed me make possible to use a keyboard with the n95... how it will help me to make my application, since i want the cell phone to be the HID mouse for a pc?

Super Contributor

Hi,

Like I mentioned that you have to implement it by yourself.
    I gave the link so you can get some idea not about the implementation. In Bluetooth org there is a spec for HID, you can get it and implement it.

i apologize for digging up an old topic but with the HID available would you be able to use this to develop a mouse for the 5800?