Discussion Board

Compilng into APP for phone

How can I compile the source code into the version that can be install on the phone not for only the wins emulator?

I am using Symbian 7.0s
    For wins emulator, command line is "abld build wins".

How to compile & build the apps for installing on phone(not wins) for Visual C++?

How to create the sis file? Got any guide?

Super Contributor
    Change the target from "WINS" to "ARMI" to create executables for the actual phone.

About making .sis files, look up the SDK documentation on the "makesis" command and .pkg files.

Cannot find a good guide in the SDK. Any site or files that got documents to on how to create sis files.

Super Contributor
    Just type "makesis packagename.pkg" and you will get a .sis file which you can transfer to the phone.

Alternatively, if you have MMC reader, you can copy .app, .aif and .rsc files to the MMC.

Antony

Originally posted by antonypr
    Just type "makesis packagename.pkg" and you will get a .sis file which you can transfer to the phone.

Alternatively, if you have MMC reader, you can copy .app, .aif and .rsc files to the MMC.

Antony
    Thks.This I know. I want information on how to edit/create *.pkg in such a way that I can include the Text Info on the program before the program install.

Super Contributor
    According to the .pkg example in Symbian documentation (I use S60 FP2 documentation), you can display text files by putting blank file name in the destination file. This example I copied from Symbian documentation.

;Display text files
    "text\textfilec.txt"-"", FT, TC
    "text\textfiles.txt"-"", FT, TS
    "text\file1.txt"-"!:\Documents\InstTest\skipfile.txt", FF
    "text\textfilea.txt"-"", FT, TA
    ; UNICODE file
    "text\charsetu.txt"-"", FT, TC
    ; UNICODE bigendian file
    "text\charsetbu.txt"-"", FT, TC

Antony

Where can I get the S60 FP2 documentation? I got S60 FP2 SDK but cannot find this doc example. What is the document filename? Thks.