Hi,

I tried to connect UIQ2.1 emulator to intranet using NT RAS. I did it many times before for Symbian 6.1 emulator and it works, so I am pretty sure that I have set NTRAS in Windows well.

The problem MUST lie in commdb Cdbv3.dat database file. I set all settings (using setupcomms.bat) equally to the settings I used on 6.1 emulator. Namely:
1) Outgoing Connection Prefs
3) IAP
5) Dial Out ISP
a) Modem

When I tried to connect via TCP I received in TRequestStatus error -3606, which means ErrGenConnDatabaseDefaultUndefined. I also tried to monitor COMM::1port and shortly after emulator was started I noticed, that it was used by some built-in application. I deleted some problematic ".esk" files, the activity stopped, but i still received -3606 error.

After that I found that in Cdbv3.dat there are 8 defined modems,
so I deleted 7 modems ( 2-8 ), which I think were UNUSED and after that I received in TRequestStatus -1 (KErrNotFound) error (at least something change.

I reach the conclusion, that my "Dial out ISP" settings are not using the modem 1/8!! Why? So I continue with trying delete one modem by one and between each deletion I tried to connect.

Until I deleted 4/8 Modem "GSM Mobile phone via Infrared" I received -3606 error, when I deleted this fourth modem I received -1 KErrNotFound. So I think, that my settings
use as default this 4/8 modem. I tried to set the modem parameters to standart parameters used by NT RAS
(PortName=COMM::1, TSYName=HAYES, CSYName=ECUART, DataBits=8, StopBits=1, ...) but the emulator crash during startup. So one of application started immediatelly after start of emulator or emulator itself failed using this modem...

So my questions are:

a) HOW TO bind my NT RAS settings in Cdbv3.dat file with modem choosen by me??In some external .ini file?
b) Has anybody some other NT RAS solution, that works?

Bye
STEN