Discussion Board

Question CodeWarrior 3.0 Registration and keys

Hi all,
    i just received my own copy of CodeWarrior 3 that i bought on Nokia shop.
    I've a question: reading the manual i found i need to register on the site to receive my own permanent keys, but are these keys locked to something in my machine like ethernet card or something else?!
    do i need to reask Nokia for brand new keys if i change my development machine!?

Thank you for your response!

Hi,

When the key is made for you the MAC address or Disk ID of your computer was included in that key. So you can not use that CW IDE in different computer with that key. You can also change the key to dongle key, when you can change the computer by changing the dongle from computer to another. The dongle can be either serial port model or usb model.

I just read better my registration card and it's saying to give to Nokia, the number that i find on that registration card. This code can't be locked to my machine in any way because is coming with CodeWarrior, so why the screenshots on the manual show you options with "dongle id" and something other lock options?! i can't run the installer at this time, i'm out for work, this evening i'll give it a complete read.
    It would be great having an all-the-time permanent serial because my development machine could change specs frequently. Any Nokia Support to answer?! Thank you kriipine and who will answer my question!!

Hi,

That number which came with the CW IDE package is the registration code, which you use to get the lisence for your CW IDE. Installer will give instruction about the registering during the installation.

Thank you mate, i'm back from work now and i managed to register and authorize it correctly.
    Sorry for a new thread for my bogus question btw... ;-\