Discussion Board

SIP MESSAGE gets a 404 Not found answer

Hi, everybody!

I want to send a MESSAGE through the Nokia SIP Server Emulator between two instances of the emulator (with different IPs) but I always get a 404 Not found response.
    The MESSAGE never reach its destination.

[0x09c8 09:43:12] SipHandleManagerImpl: 4390984 ProcessUdpEvent: received datagram:
    MESSAGE sip:*.*.*.* SIP/2.0
    Route: <sip:*.*.*.*;lr>
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP -.-.-.-:5060;branch=z9hG4bKfGob9c_PpHFm0
    To: sip:player2@realm
    Supported: sec-agree
    CSeq: 635 MESSAGE
    Call-ID: MfQb91dE-r--1gbSnMJqyPeWwSJTui
    User-Agent: My Company 1.0
    Max-Forwards: 70
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Content-Length: 4

*.*.*.* -> Proxy IP
    -.-.-.- -> Origin IP

Any clue?

Re: SIP MESSAGE gets a 404 Not found answer

Originally posted by cryptor
    MESSAGE sip:*.*.*.* SIP/2.0
    Is this correct or should it be MESSAGE sip:destinationIP SIP/2.0 instead of MESSAGE sip:proxyIP SIP/2.0?

I'm lost! :-P

Probably the error is the MESSAGE line.

SIP spec says:

The initial Request-URI of the message SHOULD be set to the value of the URI in the To field. One notable exception is the REGISTER method; behavior for setting the Request-URI of REGISTER is given in Section 10
    But I don't know why Request-URI of my SIP MESSAGE doesn't correspond to the To field. How can i change it manually using the Nokia SIP plug-in?

Hi Cryptor,

Did you find a solution to this ? How can I use MESSAGE method as I understand that MESSAGE is only an extension to SIP. Is this supported in SIP Stack i.e. SIP Plugin 3.0 ?

Tom

Super Contributor

hi the 404 error found has got the following explanations:

404 Not Found: Sent from the proxy when either the intended party does not exist (wrong number dialed) or the user is not registered on that proxy. This message might be sent from the gateway if it's caused by dialing a wrong number

Thanks and regards
    Priju

Regular Contributor

Hi,

SIP MESSAGE is supported. It's a registration or connectivity problem between the two emulators. Suggest running one S60 emulator on another PC and trying again.

On the S60 3.0 SDK, remember to change the port of the SIP server emulator to something other than 5060 (and the SIP settings accordingly) if an emulator is running on the same PC. This is because the emulator is also using 5060 so that causes a port conflict. The 2nd emulator has to be on another PC.

Regards,
    Nitin

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

if you're sendinf SIP MESSAGE you MUST put into request line destination IP or sip address, not the proxy address!! You of course send it to the proxy IP, but on requets line is destination SIP address. In IMS it's routed using the SIP request line. You could maximally use pre-recoderd Route headers and put prxy ip address here, but that's all.

Look on citation
    ..The UE shall build a proper preloaded Route header value for all new dialogs and standalone transactions. The UE shall build a list of Route header values made out of, in this order, the P-CSCF URI (containing the IP address or the FQDN learnt through the P-CSCF discovery procedures, and the protected server port learnt during the registration procedure)...

Bye
    STeN