Discussion Board

Syncing 6630 and Mac OS X

Hello,

6630 is not (and apparently will not be) supported by mac OS X

Ther e are several ways to send the contact and calendar to the Nokia using bluetooth but they require dirty hacl that are not usable on a regular basis

I succedded to send the contacts by exporting them editing the vcf file for cariage return then using an symbian app to import them
    I succedded to import the calendar by exporting iCal then pasing the resulting file trough a perl script to convert it then using a symbian app to import

Ok it works.. but this is not realistic.

Does a way for example using a PHP syncML server to sync the Nokia 6630 exist ?

Some system where I could uploead my mac files and where I could connect from the phone using http ?

Thanks in advance

This is a user level question and actually an Apple Mac OS X centric one: Nobody will answer that here.

I highly recommend to wait for the final release of Apple iSync 2 (Mac OS X v10.4) which does not support but might work with the Nokia 6630 because the very similar Nokia 7610 is mentioned.

You could setup a SyncML Server (Overview from 2003) but I know only one with a direct connection to the Apple Address Book: OGo. This server is not very mature yet. I recommend Sync4j because all other open source projects are either dead or not that mature as Sync4j is.

The other way would be an existing SyncML service where you add your existing contacts. That isn't easier, I think.
    Last edited by traud; 2005-04-19 at 19:20.

Originally posted by traud

I highly recommend to wait for the final release of Apple iSync 2 (Mac OS X v10.4) which does not support but might work with the Nokia 6630 because the very similar Nokia 7610 is mentioned.
    I didn't knew that.. thanks a lot

Originally posted by lstelie
    I didn't knew that.. thanks a lot
    Hi!

Has anybody here tried to sync a Nokia 6630 or a Nokia 6680 with iSync on osx 10.4 or 10.4.1?

TIA!

-Kaj

This is a user level question and actually an Apple Mac OS X iSync centric one: Nobody will answer that here. Please visit Apple Discussions > iSync