Discussion Board

Thread: 6630 problem

6630 problem

Bit hard to ask for help on this one as I'm not 100% sure what can cause this at all.. but here goes (incase somebody has seen the same problem before)

I have a game that on first install runs correct on the 6630, but after shutting it down and starting it again it will hang the phone to the point where you have to remove the battery.

The game runs perfect on other nokia 60 series, and even 40 series so I'm positive its not a memory-issue as I think the 6630 has enough of that.

Any ideas on what might cause this ? (again it does NOT happen on other 60serie devices)

Nokia Developer Champion
    It might help, if you said which game it is (maker, name, version, where to get it, etc.).

If you contact the developer(s) of the game, he/she/they might also be able to help.

its my own game, and I might have found the problem. It seems the thread variable was not cleared even after shutting down the application.. so starting a second time wouldn't start a new thread

sadly I dont have a 6630 to test it on myself ..

another solution might be with the RMS reading giving a problem

just hoping somebody in here has seen this problem pop up before (developers, not gamers)

Regular Contributor
    Hello, I've developed an application that uses RMS. I've tested it on 6600, 6630, some sony ericsson devices and blackberrys. It runs ok in all the devices, but 6630 is very slow reading and writting the rms and sometimes it doesn't write it properly.

Anybody knows if is there any document or something where I can find if there is any size limitation for rms in 6630?

Thanks,
    Nuria.