Discussion Board

Thread: Serial Number

Serial Number

I've been trying to get the Serial Number for the "Nokia Developer's Suite 2.2 for J2ME" (during days) and I always receive the message "Sorry, serial number sending is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. ".

Does someone know what it's happenig and what should I do ?

Thx,

Paulo Jericó

Super Contributor
    Hi...
    Just now I checked the Request serial number for NDS2.2 and it worked fine for me showing the message
    " Thank you!
    The serial number has been sent to your e-mail address :
    "
    I checked from India;I dont know whether it is a problem with network of your region.
    Any way plz try registring with a new login id and request for the serial number.(a blind try)
    Hope that helps...

regards
    Gopal

Hi Gopal,

your trying is not so blind ! I got a new ID and now everything is shining, like a Brazilian Sun !

Thank you very much !

Paulo Jericó

I am also having troubles with the serial numer.
    Unfortunately I have misplaced my serial number (ok I lost it!). When I try and request another serial number, the login screen comes up, I log in successfully, and it says that it has sent the email. But nothing arrives.
    I have checked the email address (even cutting and pasting it into my mail client) and it works OK.
    Any ideas of why nothing arrives?

Thanks,
    Geoff Presser

All OK people. I changed my email address and everything worked OK. Dam spam filter!

Super Contributor
    Hi..
    Me too have noticed the same thing...IMHo that might be because of some network congestion;In my case it arrived after some hours. One time it reached after a day!
    So I suggest to wait some time...

>>I have checked the email address (even cutting and pasting it into my mail client) and it works OK.
    I could not get u clearly!

regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor
    Oh Ok!!

There's another question to note.
    I made a mystake between my name and my ID in the registration time. So there was an acent character in the first ID. I could log on very well but I could not receive the serial number even with the sent email.

Super Contributor
    hi..

>>I could log on very well but I could not receive the serial number even with the sent email.

I could not get u clearly...plz explain ur problem!
    Are u receiving the Email?

regards
    Gopal

Hi Gopal,
    there is no problem at all. I just said that we have, until now, two kinds of problems according to serial number.
    One dued to the delay of the registration email and another one according to the characters that the ID is composed.
    When we have an ID with acent character included (of course a mystake), we can logon but we are not able to get the serial number. In this case, we need only to get another ID with no acent character ("repair" the mystake).
    Thx for your attention.

Paulo Jericó