Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interjection Problem on Nokia 6630

I am trying to interject sound on Nokia 6630. I am working on same codebase as for Nokia 6600/3650 etc. The Code works fine for Nokia 6600/3650. But its still giving problems with Nokia 6630. I am using following line of code for recorder utility.

iMdaAudioRecorderUtility = CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::NewL(*this,NULL,80);

After that i tried setting each telephony mode(EDefault, ELocal etc.) but the problem persist and sound interjection is not happening. I am playing data using descriptor.

I looked into the SDK there is no change in CMdaAudioRecorderUtility. Is anyone have clue that wat need to be changed to do interjection on Nokia 6630 as interjection is possible on it.

Regular Contributor
    try to use audio streaming api. Befor this check out whether recording is possible in interjecting mode, that is use the same api to record a phone call insted of playing stored files (use some memo like applications on 6630), then compare the results.

Hope this will be something helpfull.

Jas

We tried sound playing using Streaming, Player Utility and recorder Utility classes. We are getting the same results. We tried capturing live voice line and after that play sounds in live voice channel. That also didn't work on Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6680.

RE:Interjection Problem on Nokia 6630

Hi,
    we have the same problem with 6630. do you have any solution?

Re: Interjection Problem on Nokia 6630

Hi all,

I'm doing a similar application here, I want to make an IVR application, I need to play wav when call active. In 6600, it works well but the wav also played loud in the local speakr (it is suppose to play in the telephony uplink only), but in 6680, the wav could not play through phone uplink, only through local speaker (with tiny voice too, so Bajwa, I think your problem is the same with mine)...do you know what's wrong?

the wav is played in 6680, but with tiny voice as if it weren't playing...

I already set the device mode into ETelephonyNonMixed, it is supposed to play wav only through telephony uplink, not the device speaker....confusing...does anyone out there know bout this??

Thank you very much

irma

One bad solution is to write your wav into a file, start the default Music Player with RApaLsSession (UID 0x06c5b9d2 at least on my 6630), and play the wav file with that player using TApaTaskList and TApaTask. That way the wav is played through the audio uplink correctly.

I've tried to use CMdaAudioOutputStream and CMdaAudioPlayerUtility without success.

It seems that Nokia has found the solution to the interjection (playback) problem. 2nd Edition Platforms: Known Issues v2.7 (updated 27.10.) presents that if you set

1) Priority to 80
    2) Prioritypreference to (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001

then it should work. I tested with CMdaAudioOutputStream and it works at least on my 6630. Audio is played correctly into the active voice call.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Finally they got some sence on this issue. I basically found it very hard to understand why this particular feature was classified as such safety critical feature, that it requires huge amount of work to get, or is impossible to get at all. I my self have currently some three applications that were stuck on this problem and all business contatcs in forum nokia as well as in nokia, were no help at all, really makes me wonder sometimes.

Anyway, I'll have a try on 6630, 6680 & N90 today and lets see if it work on all of them.

yucca

Yucca, it would be interesting to know if you got it working on N90? I don't have nseries phones yet so can't try it myself.

I had to give up the phone sortly after I wrote here last time. But If I remember right it was working with N90 just the same as with 6630.

yucca

Priority to 80
    Prioritypreference to (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001
    It can work on 6600.

But for 6630 and 6682, you need change the TMdaPriorityPreference. Then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by stonejustek
    Priority to 80
    Prioritypreference to (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001
    It can work on 6600.

But for 6630 and 6682, you need change the TMdaPriorityPreference. Then it will work.
    Dude, to what? I've tried almost every value in avkon.hrh that seemed relevant.
    Last edited by shameus_burp; 2006-03-29 at 16:14.

Regular Contributor

Guys,

I have tried the proposed priorities

>>Priority to 80
    >>Prioritypreference to (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001

on a N80, but with no success. I receive -21 (KerrAccessDenied), although I have the MultimediaDD capability.

Has anyone seen this too, and/or knows which priorities to use on a N80?

Many thanks for any information!

Marcel

Regular Contributor

Replying to my own message:

In the latest Known Issues document Nokia explicitly says that it is not possible for 3rd party developers. This is a pity as we developers help them sell phones by writing useful apps!

So let's see if the provide a workaround soon!

Greetz, Marcel

I made the workaround on last thurday and its written in here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...2&page=2&pp=15

The solution is for 3rd edition phones, for 6630, that is second edition device, just use normal player with same priority etc values.

yucca