Discussion Board

Question Need clues on how to fix these example build errors

As a symbian newbie, I'm having trouble getting certain series60 examples to run. I want build a camera app example but two Nokia examples I found have problems.

Can someone please tell me how to get past these errors in building the examples?

Note 1: I have Series60 Developer Tools>>2nd Edit SDK Feature Pack 2>>1.0. I hope this is right for targeting a 6630
    Note 2: I found these examples at: http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,1_32_30,00.html#cv

1) CamTimer_app example --> builds and runs emulator, but when I open the application in the emulated phone, I get a blank screen for a moment and then the application apparently exits silently.

2) CameraApp_v1_0 example --> can't find <AVKON.LOC> file when building VC7 solution (I searched my whole symbian 8.0 directory, it's not there)

makmake.bat output:

C:\Symbian\Downloaded Examples\CameraApp_v1_0\CameraApp\group>makmake CameraApp.
    mmp vc7

C:\Symbian\Downloaded Examples\CameraApp_v1_0\CameraApp\group>perl -S makmake.pl
    CameraApp.mmp vc7

WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path
    <AVKON.LOC>
    (Sys Inc Paths "\SYMBIAN\DOWNLOADED EXAMPLES\CAMERAAPP_V1_0\CAMERAAPP\GROUP\" "\
    Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\INCLUDE\")
    Dependency list for "\SYMBIAN\DOWNLOADED EXAMPLES\CAMERAAPP_V1_0\CAMERAAPP\SRC\.
    .\DATA\CAMERAAPP.RSS" may be incomplete

Nokia Developer Moderator
    you should try to locate the ecam example. Basically it is the only one that is designed for OS 7.0s phones (and for the 2nd edition SDK's), so check from the example codes in this forum, and try it out.

yucca

Hello,
    if you use avkonsct.loc instead of avkon.loc you'll have no problem in compiling the examples, but please mind two things when working with N6630:

1. the example about taking pictures with the camera compiles fine but the app dies as soon as is started; the problem is in the audio part, you can just comment out that part of code and the app will work fine

2. the example about taking videos with the camera compiles and works fine in every case except when a voice call is active; during a voice call the app records.... nothing! :-) (see my post in this forum)

happy coding