Discussion Board

Super Contributor

VS problem after installing Nokia Developer's Suite (in case you've the same problem)

Hi all,

I’ve downloaded and installed NDS in my PC and my laptop (both are using Visual Studio .NET 2003).

After the installation, I *cannot* compile any C++ programs any more (even MFC programs). VS complains cannot spawn cl.exe, cannot find nmake.exe, etc.

I don’t why it happens in my PC and my laptop. But just in case you have the same problem, fix your VS settings by selecting Tools | Options | Projects | Visual C++ Directories. Add $(VCInstallDir)bin and $(VSInstallDir)Common7\IDE.

Hope this helps.

Anyway, the tools is great!

Antony

The problem continues

I have same problem.

Even if I fix VS settings how Antony said.

The problem continues.

My VS. NET 2003 version is Spanish.

Any solution ?

Rober

Super Contributor
    Sorry, as far as I remember that's the only thing that I've done to make my VS.NET work again. I am using VS .NET 2003 too (English version though).

Btw, can you try to enter absolute path, e.g. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\vc\bin, instead of $(VCInstallDir)?

May be Forum Nokia people can help?

Antony

Super Contributor
    The method Antony suggests is correct, thanks!

Iit is btw also there in the online help trouble shooting section of NDS in case you installled the help files (see Help -> Contents).

We basically only support the English version so there might be differences in logical names etc due to the Spanish version?

I had the identical problem and the solution suggested by Antony fixed the problem.

Is it because NDS itself has a (.NET version of) cl.exe, and the NDS directories are included in the VC++ directories?

I had installed the the NDS and use the SDK S60 V 2.0 FP2, FP3.

When i run the Helloworkbasic example, I can use the makmake helloworldbasic.mmp vc7

to build the solution and project files.

But when i build i met this problem:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building resources from Helloworldbasic_caption.rss"

anyone knows how to solve it?

Thank you!

Super Contributor
    If you see the output log in Visual Studio IDE, you should be able to see what's wrong there (click Output window to see the output of resource compiler).

Antony

yes, i found this eorro:

'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command

I can run "nmake" on my studio cmd env.
    But when i search, i can not find this file!

Any help!

------ Build started: Project: HELLOWORLDBASIC, Configuration: Debug WINS Win32 ------

Building resources from Helloworldbasic_caption.rss
    'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building resources from Helloworldbasic_caption.rss"

Build log was saved at "file://C:\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\UDEB\BuildLog.htm"
    HELLOWORLDBASIC - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thank you!
    Antony

I solved this problem now!