Discussion Board

Question MIDP setFullScreenMode(true) and vanishing Commands?

I am using the Nokia Developers Suite 2.2 for J2ME and running an the S60_2nd_FP2_MIDP_SDK emulator.

Can anyone explain the following:

I am making use of a GameCanvas to which I have added just two Commands.

The Commands were created as follows:

cBack = new Command("BACK", Command.BACK, 0);

cHelp = new Command("HELP", Command.HELP, 10);

Viewing this GameCanvas in default screen size mode there is no problem, both the Back and Help Commands are visible to the user alongside the every present Exit Command.

When I then setFullScreenMode(true) and display the GameCanvas, of my two application Commands only the Help Command is visible, the Back Command is not longer available. As a result the user is stuck on this screen which is necessarily a big problem.

If anyone can identify the problem and suggest a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

MIDP setFullScreenMode(true) and vanishing Commands?

Hello!

I cant say what is going with emulator but there is problem with real devices. My 6600 phone dosent handle high-level key events at all while canvas is set into full screen mode. I dont know where problen is but it seems as the serious bug of the S60's MIDP 2 implementation. This problem detected on the 6600 handset at least.
    Now I just try to substitute high level event handling by low level evet handling, but anyway it's absolutely not normal solution, since I cant provide reaction for the soft keys pressing.

BR!

Regular Contributor
    The 6600 can't use commands when setfullscreenmode is true, there is a document (6600 issues) where you can find that bug, there is no solution, so if you want to use commands in that phone with full screen mode you must implement them yourself, it's not difficult.

Regards,
    Nuria.

Thank you, that explains a lot.