Discussion Board

Accessing the nokia root folder

Hey guys

I am developing an application and I would like to access the ringtones and pictures stored in the nokia root folder.Can you please tell me how I can access this?Can u please tell me how I can set ringtones programatically?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

DaredevilWin

Super Contributor
    They are not in the root folder/directory of any drive, but on C:\Nokia\Sounds in phone memory, Z:\Nokia\Sounds in ROM for the built-in sounds and E:\Sounds on a memory card.

Thanks very much for the reply. I really do appreciate it.I would like to know how I can know whether these ringtones are stored in phone memory,ROM or in the memory card.
    I would like to know if it is possible to access these files as usual or do I have to use some special APIs? If I have to use APIs, can u please tell me which ones I have to use so that I can get an idea ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

daredevilWin

Super Contributor
    If the ringtone file is on the C-drive, then it is in phone memoy.

If the ringtone file is on the Z-drive, then it is in ROM.

if the ringtone file is on the E-drive, then it is on a memory card.

Just normal file system APIs need to be used.

Thanks very much for the reply. What I mean is that is there any way to make the program search the directory rather than initializing the path in the program,like "App.Path" in the case of Visual Basic 6.0?Help of any sort would be greatly appreciated.I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

daredevilWin