Discussion Board

Deployment problem

Hi
    I used Sun's J2ME WTK to build a simple HelloWorld application. The problem is that it compiles and works on teh emulator without any problems but when I transfer the application to the phone, the only option I have is to "delete" the application. I cant run it (the other options are greyed). Is this becuase of an authentication problem? that I didnt set the information about the developer and so on?

Thanks in advance
    Janaka

How did you install the jar in your phone? And what phone do you use?

The phone is a Nokia 3200. I tried using the Nokia PC suite's option to install the application and Oxygen Phone Manager's options. The files were transfered via a DKU5 cable.

(I have used Oxygen before to install applications on my phone and it worked. I do recall one instance however where the same problem was there for a graphical calculater software I downloaded. You might be able to find it in www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/mobile.html )

Any idea why? The application was an example in the WTK guide (TinyMIDlet ).

your phone supports CLDC 1.0 & MIDP 1.0. one possibility is that the midlet you downloaded might be of a later version. try to see if you can determine the CLDC and MIDP version of the midlet.

Problem solved. Wrong WTK version :S

Hi everybody

I got the problem solved. Apparently I have been using the wrong version of the WTK. :S :$

Thanks anyway for helping out