Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia SIP plugin 3.0 - 415 Unsupported Media Type

Hi,

Could someone clarify me how to add sip application capabilities to the SIP stack.

"Nokia SIP Plug-in 3.0 for Series 60 Programmer’s Guide" introduces a new way of setting SIP capabilities by utilizing an ECom Plug-in Interface (no sipappcapabilities.xml, SipClientInstaller nor SipClientUnInstaller anymore), but i have not succeeded on doing this...

When I send a message (text/plain) on N6600 & N7610 the SIP stack responds with 415 Unsupported Media Type.

Has someone been successful on setting these SIP application capabilities using dll?

Thanks for any help,
    jrantam

I am having a similar problem. Anyone else had a similar experience and resolved it ?

Tom

Regular Contributor
    I "solved" the problem by taking back those old files (sipappcapabilities, sipclientinstaller, sipclientuninstaller)... You can find them from the first releases of sip plugin. Unfortunately, you also have to install the sdk 2.0 to get the old plugin installed...

If someone knows a solution for the problem, I would appreciate Your help.

-jrantam

Hi jrantam,

Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me the steps to follow ? i.e. how to use the installer ?

or are there any docs which provides the necessary info for installer and uninstaller ?

Tom