Discussion Board

unable to connect 6210 to Apache Tomcat +cocoon

Hi, i'm using Nokia Toolkit with 6210 simulator to test my different files WML. There files provide of Apache Tomcat+Cocoon with 8080 port.
    With the simulator, i haven't problem to load my application. But when i'm using my 6210, it's impossible to connect to my web page (i dont't have problem with another site, nokia..).
    If you have an idea : perhap's this problem provide of my port 8080, a specific server is necessary to deploy WML files, etc..
    Tks for All

Regular Contributor

RE: unable to connect 6210 to Apache Tomcat +cocoon

Hi darras,

is there any wap gateway between phone and apache server?
    How did you connect to nokia site with 6210? Were you using operator's WAP gateway?
    Could you provide more details, please.

Regular Contributor

Hi, thanks for update.
    I think your operator's WAP gateway could be configured in a way that it's not accepting URL requests with "non-standart" ports ot urls with ports in URL string (of course only operator can say for sure)

I would suggest to create simple test WML page which is understood by any phone and place it to webserver on same machine, but with port 80, then try to load it with the phone via operator's gw.

One more question - did you set correct MIME-type for your http-server (Apache)?

My Wap Gateway dont accept IP adress with a port different of 80, i'm using a port 8080 and i resolve my problem.
    Tks for yours reponse @ my problem