Discussion Board

Will Nokia Use WiTooth?

Hello All

I am new to forum discussions, so please forgive me if I am breaking any norms or not maintaining proper forum etiquette. Recently I have become very interested in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology. I don’t know very much of the technical details, but what I do know is that it is starting to pop up everywhere. I am noticing a lot more phones and PDAs that have both technologies included. My question is when are people going to start discussing WiTooth? If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are going to be in everything in the future, people will probably start asking “does this phone have WiTooth technology in it?” What does anyone else think about this? I would love to hear different discussions about it. Is someone going to build a WiTooth chip that has both? Can the two be combined? Is anyone selling a WiTooth product yet? What is the future of WiTooth?
    I’m sorry if you see this same posting in different forums, but I just want to hear from as many people as possible. I want to know more about WiTooth. Please forward this to anyone or start your own WiTooth forum.
    Have a great day everyone.

WiTooth?! Hey, i don't know where you live, but in most places of the world, April 1st has come and gone... Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are two different types of wireless technology, meant for different purposes. Maybe you should google for them, if you want to know more about it.

What you're saying is like asking why people don't start discussing "Jaco" in their phones: Java with Color.

For all the others reading this, google for 'witooth', and be amazed by the number of forums that this guy posted this question to He's so much into it, that he even signed up to some of them with 'witooth' as a username (including this one, i see now!

I'm sorry Niekvs

I'm not trying to April's fool anyone Nievks. I am just really interested in the future of Wi-Tooth technology. I have posted my coments in other forums just because I want to know if anyone is working on Wi-Tooth yet or how long it will be until it is here. Some one told me that there already is a company working on a chip that was both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in it. They call it blue802. I don't know much about it, but it just seems that if there is already one company working on it, there will be more to come. When each company starts comming up with their own Wi-Fi Bluetooth combo, they will all be developing some form of Wi-Tooth technology. Who knows.... I'm not saying that this will happen for sure, but it seems like it could be possible. What do you think? I'd love to hear more about it.

Super Contributor
    There's already the 9500 with both WiFi and Bluetooth.

And more announced: http://www.nokia.com/nseries