Discussion Board

Question How to send audio over a SCO link?

Hello,
    I am trying to do an audio streaming over bluetooth using an SCO channel. I want to connect the phone with a computer. In the computer side I am using a Widcomm driver.
    I am using a CBluetoothSynchronousLink object. When I do a CBluetoothSynchronousLink::SetupConnection() I have a SCO link opened. I know that it is openened because in the callback function MBluetoothSynchronousLinkNotifier::HandleSetupConnectionCompleteL() I have a KErrNone.
    The CBluetoothSynchronousLink has the member function CBluetoothSynchronousLink::Send(). I would want to know how I must send audio data over this link, because I have a CMdaAudioInputStream object and I am trying to send an audio data buffer obtained by CMdaAudioInputStream::ReadL and, in this case, the phone reboots. When I use the CBluetoothSynchronousLink::Send() function to send any other data I obtain a KErrNone in the callback function MBluetoothSynchronousLinkNotifier::HandleSendCompleteL().

Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Lino.

Audio Over SCO

Hi,
    I have writed tha same question in this topic

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...o+bluetooth%2A

but no one answer me. I'm a newbye and I think that you are more expert than me, for this I pray you to aid me...What language are you using and where I can start to do this application.
    Thank you very much in advance

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to send audio over a SCO link?

audio receiving over SCO is not supported in s60

Hi!

I would also like to this, but since it´s impossible I´m thinking of ways to get around the problem. My application would work fine if i could just send an mp3 via bluetooth, and then have the java app to autoplay it.

Is this possible?

Thx in advance.

Niklas

Is there any other layer to use on bluetooth streaming?

Such as HCI or L2Cap?

I'm currently on a project to do Bluetooth video streaming... heard that there was a SIG on it... but still couldn'e get them...

Any advice?... pls?

Cheers,
    michael

Quote Originally Posted by gamermic
    Is there any other layer to use on bluetooth streaming?

Such as HCI or L2Cap?

I'm currently on a project to do Bluetooth video streaming... heard that there was a SIG on it... but still couldn'e get them...

Any advice?... pls?

Cheers,
    michael
    Hi.. anyonde find the solution??

Regular Contributor

I don't know which point you've reached, but I've previously worked on a proto soft using L2CAP sockets to stream A/V feeds between two symbian devices. L2CAP broadly being TCP-like, we had encouraging results (in close vicinity that is, don't let a concrete wall slip between the two handsets...).

Olivier

How is it like? How are the resolutions, fps, lags?
    What are the difficulties you encountered along the way?

Cheers,
    michael

Regular Contributor

Hello,

It's been two years now so I don't have all the details, here is what I remember:

It was a "quick" prototype, so we dealt only with SQCIF & QQVGA frames, from the on-board camera. We tried to stream only 3GPP-like content so, that would be 12.2 kbps AMR for audio & MPEG4 SP (64 kbps) for video. Observed frame rates ranged from 9 to 12 fps when the handsets were not far from each other 3 m) and would then quickly drop with increasing distance.

Lag, I don't remember exact values. Sure thing is that it quickly increased with the distance. But initially we'd experience something like 3 second-delay between recording & playback.

Olivier