Hi, I have a few questions:
1. Can I upgrade to Symbian 8.0. And is it worthwhile to do so?
2. How do I change the labels of icons. I have them displayed in list view (as opposed to grid view) and I would like to add numbers in front of each label, as the number keys will take you directly to the corresponding item ie. if you press 3, it will activate the 3rd item down...except right now they have no numbers in front of them so it's a bit of a guessing game once you get beyond the first three or so! I think it's much quicker to do it this way than by using the joystick and navigating down, down, down, down, ...
3. Can I remove the annoying beep before the ring? It used to vibrate, then ring. I got rid of the vibrate, but now it beeps and then rings. I just want it to ring! Surely this is possible?
4. Really critical--
I want to change the way it searches the address book. Is this possible?
What I mean is, if I want the name Vasili, then when I press 8, I want it to retrieve all the address book entries corresponding to T and U and V. Then if I press 2, it should give me all the Ta and Tb and Tc and Ua and Ub and Uc and Va and Vb all Vc entries in my phonebook. Sounds cumbersome, but this is very efficient and quick. With the Nokia 3230, you would have to press 8, 8, 8 (cycle through T, U, then get to V), wait for the cursor to advance, press 2 (for A), wait for the cursor to advance, then press 7, 7, 7, 7 (go through P, Q, R and then get to S), and then I would have to scroll through the list of matches to get to the Vasili entry. That's 7 keypresses plus 2 pauses plus scrolling through the matching list...obviously far more time consuming.
So, I want to search the address book in "matching all combinations" mode instead of in "spell it out by specifying the letter and then match " mode--if this is not available out of the box, is there anyplace I can download software to do this? I think this is critical to being able to use the phone effectively.
5. Finally, is there any software out there that will allow me to set all my configurations and define the menu trees, icons, colours, background images, etc., this on a PC and then just transfer the settings to the phone?
6. How do I find the firmware revision number for my phone?