Discussion Board

SMS files format in 6600

I would like to parse the SMS files contaned in the Mail directory of my Nokia 6600, typically named such as 00100042 and contained in folders named 0, 1, 2, etc.
    I would like to extract the relevant fields through a C++ parser (message text, date, time, sender/destination, etc.) and store them in a friendly way . I tried to understandd the structure of the files with a binary editor, but it is not trivial.
    Does anybody know where I can find the format specification of these files?
    Thank you.

Super Contributor
    The file formats and directory layout is not documented (well, it is probably documented, but the documentation has not been published).

The idea is that processing the messages (sending, receiving, reading) is done using documented APIs, instead.

My goal is not to process the SMS files within the phone, through the Symbian environment, with which I am not very familiar, but transferring them to a PC and then using a "traditional" development environment such as VC++.
    On the other hand, if you know some tool that let you save your SMSs on a hard disk in a friendly way (that is with recognizable text, date/time, sender, etc.), please let me know: I would avoid developing a dedicated application!
    Thank you.

Super Contributor