Discussion Board

Unhappy Error in starting VS.NET with NDS

In the first launching of VS.NET 2003 (Japanese version) after I've installed Nokia Developer's Suite, an error dialog box shows up, saying

Error: System.ArgumentException: Wrong parameter(s)
    at Microsoft.Office.Core.CommandBarControls.get_Item(Object Index)
    at com.nokia.iguana.core.IguanaAddIn.AddMenuCommand(String name, String buttonText, String toolTip, String cBarName, Int32 index, Int32 icon, Object[] contextGUIDS)
    at com.nokia.iguana.core.IguanaAddIn.OnConnection(Object application, ext_ConnectMode connectMode, Object addInInst, Array& custom)

My understang is this error is caused as the setup program cannot find appropriate entries in VS.NET's menu items where it want to add new items mapped to NDS functionalities. And the truth is I cannot find some of (context) menu items explained Getting Started Guide.

The best solution seems that I should use the English version of VS.NET 2003, but is there any way to skip this error (I mean, all of additional menu items will be registered with modifying some files and so on, if my suggestion is correct)?

SDK: 2nd Ed. FP2, Japanese
    NDS: V1.1

I have same Error , Chinese VS.NET2003,I try to devenv/setup in Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt,but no use

I've given up to solve this problem and installed English version of VS.NET 2003. No problem.

Super Contributor
    Hello,

NDS only supports (and has only been tested with) the English version. Apparently there are some subtle differences in the APIs in the different language versions.