Discussion Board

Question Modifying received SMS message before storing in Inbox

Hi,

I was trying out a few changes to the MsbObserver example from the "Developing Series 60 Aplications" book. This application is a simple Inbox monitor that uses the Client MTM API that displays the message as soon as it received.

When opening the message store, this app does it in read-only mode by calling the ReadStoreL method of CMsvEntry class. In order to modify the received message, I replaced ReadStoreL with EditStoreL. This method leaves with a KErrAccessDenied ("Store is locked by another process or is read-only" - SDK info).

Is the store read-only? If not, which other processes would have locked access to the store - would it be the standard messaging application that comes with the phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Sandeep
    --
    http://sandeep.weblogs.us/

Regular Contributor

Re: Modifying received SMS message before storing in Inbox

Quote Originally Posted by sandeep View Post
    Hi,

I was trying out a few changes to the MsbObserver example from the "Developing Series 60 Aplications" book. This application is a simple Inbox monitor that uses the Client MTM API that displays the message as soon as it received.

When opening the message store, this app does it in read-only mode by calling the ReadStoreL method of CMsvEntry class. In order to modify the received message, I replaced ReadStoreL with EditStoreL. This method leaves with a KErrAccessDenied ("Store is locked by another process or is read-only" - SDK info).

Is the store read-only? If not, which other processes would have locked access to the store - would it be the standard messaging application that comes with the phone?
    Hi,
    For sandeep's problem
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=107546

I was also facing the similar kind of problem but in case of ReadStoreL after some test cases
    i came to the conclusion that.. as soon as we received the new message MsbObserver's HandleSessionEventL()
    method get called and in parallel Kernal also access the Store to write that message in inbox, means at the
    same time kernal is also accessing the Store, that's why getting the error KErrAccessDenied ("Store is locked by another process or is read-only" - SDK info) but when i applied a RNotifier just before Store creation for user interaction of Yes and No which causes little delay in creating store and thus in this time kernal can complete its task of writing incoming sms,then i am able to create the store.

N.B. Little old thread but can be helpful for future users to understand the problem.
    Last edited by panmodi@gmail.com; 2009-12-06 at 07:02.
    SymSym