Discussion Board

Another 6310i to Laptop question

Hi,

I had my 6210 with connectivity battery working semi-successfully (frequent disconnections requiring a PC re-boot)through a DTL-1 card using the W9x drive on XP Home. Laptop is SONY FX401G. So I decided to upgrade the phone to a 6310i - and guess what - it goes through the "bonding" process apparently successfully and then diconnects. Subsequent attempts to create a DUN connection have the same rusult, momentary connection followed by disconnection.

Questions:

1. Do I need a new driver for the DTL- card - if so where can i get it from?

2. Do I need a firmware update for teh 6310 (current version 4.06 - and where/how do I get it?

Thanks in anticipation.

John.

RE: Another 6310i to Laptop question

You need to have a DTL-4 card with the Nokia 6310.

John, I think I read somewhere on the previous forum that the DTL-1 won't work with the 6310, although I can't be certain. I am damn sure thatough that Nokia want you to buy the DTL-4 which they say does work with the 6310.

On the phone software front, my version is 4.20 dated 4-3-02, which I believe to be the latest, so I've never done an upgrade. Again, I did read that if you take it to an authorised Nokia repair centre they would do this upgrade for free.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Martin

Just to close this thread, in case it helps anybody. I acquired an Armadillo CF BT card (with PCMCIA adapter UK99 from expansys.com.)Within 20 mins I had a GPRS internet connection up and running. AND I prefer the Bluetooth software that came with it - making a connection is seamless.

Thanks for your help,

John.