Discussion Board

"Option" Button on Nokia Serie 40

I have a problem with an "Option" button which always appears on the screen of the Nokia 6810. It totally changes the using of the application.
    Someone can help me deactivate this button.

Thank you

Super Contributor
    Are you adding many Commands to your screen?

shmoove

yes
    there are for example "Edit", "Back" and "Next", but next appears in "Option". There is not a direct link.

Super Contributor
    Well, if there are more Commands than soft-buttons then any Commands that didn't "fit" will be grouped under an "Options" Command.

If I understand you correctly, only one Command appears in the Options menu? If that is the case, it sounds like it's a faulty implementation (I'm not that familiar with the 6810), and the only thing I could suggest is playing around with the priority and command type parameters of the Commands.

shmoove

The problem is that I just want a Command "Next" and a command "Back" on the screen, but the 6810 compells me to have a command "Edit" (which is in the middle bottom of the screen) and a command "Option" (which is in the left bottom of the screen).
    So there are four commands for three soft buttons and the 6810 puts the command "Edit" inside the command "Option". So I have to click on "Option" to access to the Command "Edit". I would to cut this "stage" and that "Edit" appears at the place of "Option".

Thank you

Super Contributor
    Oh, the screen is a TextBox. In that case you can't get rid of it. Only option is to make your own TextBox using a Canvas, and then you have complete control.

shmoove

Ok, thank you, I will try that