Discussion Board

Thread: Sendo X SDK

Sendo X SDK

Hi!

I want do find Symbian C++ SDK for Sendo X.
    I didn't find it on www.sendo.com :(

I know that I can use S60 sdk for 6.1OS, but I develope app for Sendo X and I want to use their SDK.
    Where can I find it?

Please, help me!
    Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Thanks, but I sent this question to Sendo same time ago and didn't recieve answer.
    I think that they don't distribute their sdk now :(

Regular Contributor
    Sendo have indeed stopped distributing their SDK, you are now supposed to used the s60v1 1.2 SDK from Nokia to develop for the SendoX device.

Most people want to get hold of the Sendo SDk because Sendo screwed up and released all the Series 60 header files in it, not just the ones that Nokia think us 3rd party developers need.

Thing is... for a real commercial service you need these extra headers. OK you can write a game or file browser OK, but if you want to do proper connected next-generation services you need some of the non-public headers, and I think it's a real shame that Nokia are holding back on these, as they're stiffling development in a really interesting area. You'd think they'd welcome cool new innovative solutions coming out on their platforms before anybody else's....

Hi!
    Thanks for replay.
    I know that Nokia have commercial dev kit and It's problem for Nokia that Sendo released SDK with non-public headers same time ago. But I really want to get Sendo X SDK and I will not use Sendo SDK in commercial goal.
    I thanks that same people have downloaded Sendo SDK.
    Please, help me to get it.
    Thanks.