Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

NDS causes my app to crash immediately

I have been working with VC6.0 for the longest time and now switched to .NET with NDS. Every since I can't get my app to work right though.
    I can compile a new project fine but as soon as I add my own .lib files the app crashes right away on the emulator with no output. It seems things are very unstable when trying to use NDS. Anyone experiencing the same? Some tips or gotchas using NDS?
    Thanks, Alex

Super Contributor
    Hi,

NDS has been designed so that if the IDE build for some reason does not work, you can always resort to building from the command line. Does the application build succesfully for the emulator from command line?

Regular Contributor
    Hmmm I cannot remember if I tried that...
    I have successfully been able to build a default project and a default .dll file using the new .NET appwizard, so I am in the process of adding my code bit by bit and make sure it still works. I am hoping that either a) by doing this it just works in the end or b) I will know exactly what causes it to fail.
    It also gives me a chance to clean up my code a bit in the process.
    The downside, there is a lot of code I wrote to go through :)
    Alex

Super Contributor
    Hi,

If you are using a DLL, pls note that you need to ensure that the DLL is located in the correct emulator library before you start up the application on the emulator. The project using the DLL does not copy the DLL. The library should be located in:

<SDK>\epoc32\release\wins(cw)\

The DLL ends up in the correct directory if you compile the DLL project using the same SDK as you use to compiler (and run on the emulator) the final app. Evidently, you can also copy it there by hand.