Discussion Board

Setting up Nokia activ server

Hi, I am trying to setup the activ server to act as a wap gw. I am using Windows 2k adv server with RAS enable to accept dial in from modem. How can i make the call be connect to activ server? Right now my 8310 will stop at connecting to server then disconnect.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

RE: Setting up Nokia activ server

Hi,

is RAS working properly? Did you check RAS logs? Is there any user with dial-in permissions on this W2K machine(this user name/password pair should be used as username/password in phone service settings)? Did phone get IP address from RAS server?

If RAS works ok, user logs in ok, phone gets IP address from RAS without a problem, check phone settings:
    - try both temporary and permanent sessions.
    - use IP address of W2K machine as gateway address
    - try to load default URLs, e.g. http://yourdomain/

Is there any requests seen in NACS console window? If not, requests from the phone didn't get through - could be RAS problem (see above)

Regular Contributor

Yep,
    if Activ Server is up&running, you don't have to do anything with NACS. Just double check RAS settings, user dial-in permissions, TCP/IP settings for dialing phone, etc.

Just did some testing on the RAS server and discovered that it is not working correctly. Fixed it and able to connect to it using a modem. However, when using my 8310 it gives a "Connection not available" message. Before i fix my RAS, it is "Bearer unavailable". Thanks for your help.

hi, I am able to browse using the wap toolkit. And no, the console window did not show anything when i connect using phone.