Discussion Board

to many include paths cannot compile

I am not able to compile in MW CW using the UIQ 2.1 SDK do to errors. The compiler complains of having too many include paths to upload or that the paths are recursive. I can compile from the command line. I do not know where I need to make changes in the open CW project file or what changes to make so that the project will compile in the CW IDE. The project is just the simple HelloText project from the Symbian book C++ for mobile devices. I import the .mmp file from the source folder into the IDE but as I mentioned I cannot compile. Any help would be appreciated.

Nokia Developer Expert
    From the IDE (and your project open) select Edit > <target name> Settings (Alt + F7). Then choose the Access Paths preference panel. There you will see three columns. The second colum denotes whether or not to use recursive paths. You will see a folder icon where recursive paths are being used. Click on these folder icons to remove them. Check all your User Paths and Systems paths. Then click OK and try to build again.

Tim

The system path for the compiler had the folders as you mentioned in the second column. After I removed the recursive search the project compiled successfully. Recursive search of the include paths is a very important feature to be left unlabeled in the GUI. Actually the first two columns of these panels need to have some form of labeling for user clarification(a pop-up label, etc.). I did not even notice the second column had any use until I read your response.
    Thanks,
    Brook