Discussion Board

Proxy server adress and port number

Hi,
    I am facing one funny problem in getting Proxy server adress and port number.

I am collecting and displaying all available access points' names as a popup list and getting access point name (COMMDB_NAME) get selected from user. After that i am getting IAP Id(COMMDB_ID) from it.

Now my idea is to get proxy server adress and port numbers for this selected IAP Id. for that i am opening PROXIES table and getting PROXY_ISP from each proxy record and comparing this PROXY_ISP with COMMDB_ID and if matches i am getting PROXY_SERVER_NAME and PROXY_PORT_NUMBER.

The above approach is working fine on my 6260 phone(Series 60 2nd edition FP1 phone) and not working on my 6600(Series 60 2nd edition phone).
    In 6600 the PROXY_ISPs are entirely differnt from COMMDB_IDs and there is no matching ID. So i am unable to get proxy server adress and port numbers. When i am displaying each proxy records' PROXY_SERVER_NAME and PROXY_PORT_NUMBER i am able to see proxy adress the one i want .

Can some one Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
    SSS

SSS,

I am trying to do the very same thing on the 6600. I am curious if you have found the solution to this.

Thanks!

Sorry to say that till now i couldn't get any solution for this. If i get I will let u know.

Regards,
    SSS

Actually this morning I found that the PROXY_ISP in the PROXIES table does match the COMMDB_ID in the OUTGOING_GPRS table. Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

Question Re: Proxy server adress and port number

Hi All,

I am trying to read the proxy ip address and port number from the access points...

for some access points on my device the ip address and port number is comming none and zero respectively..

for those cases when i try to read the ip address and port number, instead of giving NONE and 0 it is giving me the IP address and port number of next data connection.

below is my code snippet please help in this regard

aResult = proxyTableView->GotoFirstRecord() ;
    uiCount++ ;
    while (KErrNone == aResult)
    {
    if ((TUINT32)uiCount == poData->miDataConnection)
    {
    if (NULL != proxyTableView)
    {
    proxyServerName = proxyTableView->ReadLongTextLC(TPtrC(PROXY_SERVER_NAME));
    CleanupStack::Pop(proxyServerName);

proxyTableView->ReadUintL(TPtrC(PROXY_PORT_NUMBER), PortNumber);
    }
    }
    break;
    }
    aResult = proxyTableView->GotoNextRecord ();
    uiCount++ ;