Discussion Board

MIDlet doesn't start in Nokia 9300

Hello, i am working on some MIDlet for Nokia 9300. When I compile it with old version of Java JDK (1.3.1) and pre-verify with Series-60 preverifier, I can run it in my Nokia 9300 (but I am limited in functions etc., of course). When I compile it with new version of JDK (1.5.0_02) and pre-verify with Series-80 preverifier, everything is succesfull, I can install it to my phone but when I run it there, nothing happens (it just does not start).

I was very confused and thought that problem is in my code, but to my surprise, when I compiled and pre-verified Nokia example MIDlet (simple HelloWorld) in accordance with Nokia S80_DP2_0_MIDP_SDK_Users_Guide.pdf, its behaviour was exactly the same. I installed it to my Nokia 9300 succesfully, but nothing happened when I tried to run it. It's pretty strange, because it's example MIDlet for S80 phone (Nokia 9300 and 9500).

Any ideas, please?

Regular Contributor
    what version of midp and cldc does your jar manifest reflect? nokia 9300 uses 2.0 and 1.1 respectively.

MIDP-2.0
    CLCD-1.1

Well, it was caused by JDK. When I installed OLDER JDK version (1.3.1), it worked.

Oh my god...