Discussion Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: play video/audio clips while talking in an active call

I wanted to try this out with my E70 (2.0618.07.10 31-08-06 RM-10 Nokia E70). I wonder whether this version still supports this feature. I'd need it for proof-of-concept. If this works we'd consider getting the wrapper from Nokia. But when I call

CDrmPlayerUtility::NewFilePlayerL(filename, *this, 80, (TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001));

I always get error KErrPermissionDenied (-46) in MdapcInitComplete() regardless whether there is a call going on or not. I have checked that the CMdaAudioPlayerUtility player plays the *.snd file ok when there's no active call going on.

(I'm using a snd file since my earlier 6600 didn't for some extremely odd reason play 8kHz PCM wav files.)

I'm using all the 13 capabilities available for devs.

Any ideas why NewFilePlayerL() fails?
    Comments about uplinking streaming audio output?

best regards,
    Nicholas

Nokia Developer Moderator

It's possible then that they have fixed this one, and that the workaround doesn't work anymore, anyway, have you tried using it without the preference and priority values, does it work any differently then ?

yucca

Re: Play audio to uplink:: Solution

Hi,

I tried to use CDrmPlayerUtility class. From the document, it requires the DRMAudioPlayer.lib, however, I could not find it on my computer. I have S60_3rd_FP1 installed.

Thank you so much,
    --Brian

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca
    sometimes the past experiences doesn't really help... Anyway, have been working with this problem quite awhile and getting all sorts of answers from out & inside Nokia, anyway nobody really seems to have good answers, so, like I usually say, when you want to get it done fast, you gotta do your research by yourself.

Anyway, it appers that audio playing to the uplink can be achieved pretty easily and without any extra capabilities. I was testing this with all 13 that do not need any scpecial approval (and would be great if somebody could test and narrow it down to the minimal required set). So first define capabilities in your mmp file:

CAPABILITY NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location UserEnvironment PowerMgmt ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData TrustedUI ProtServ SwEvent SurroundingsDD

And then the trick is not to use normal Audio player or recorder, but to use CDrmPlayerUtility. And I was testing it like this:

iMdaAudioPlayerUtility = CDrmPlayerUtility::NewFilePlayerL(iFileName.iName, *this,80,(TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001);

and in init coplete just call Play() and it plays the audio nicely to the uplink.

yucca

Hi,

Did you finally find the library? If Yes, could you tell me?

Thank You,
    --Brian

Quote Originally Posted by sahdev_nitin
    Hi all

I have also tried the code but whenever in the debugger the control reaches the object creation i.e.

TRAPD(err,iDrmPlayerUtility = DrmPlayerUtility::NewFilePlayerL(KSoundFile,*this,
    KAudioPriority,(TMdaPriorityPreference)KAudioPreference));

where KSoundFile is:
    _LIT( KSoundFile, "C:\\data\\Sounds\\Digital\\SoundTest.amr");

I get a "Kern-Exec 0" Panic. When I checked the SDK then I saw some DLL named "DRMAudioPlayer.lib" mentioned in the description of the CDRMPlayerUtility class, I could not find this lib anywhere. Do i require this lib too.

This might be of interest to some of the writers in this thread:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_Proxy_Server points to a page where APS is available for download for even non-FN PROs. Apparently the distribution policy has been changed.

Notice though that http://forum.nokia.com/main/platform...solutions.html which says "Audio routing and mixing with an ongoing voice call cannot be done without Nokia Audio Proxy Server (APS). Using APS will also require MultimediaDD capability. This is due to a hard-coded Vendor ID check in the mixing policy between third-party players and the native telephony application."

play audio files while talking in an active call porblem only in music edition phone

Hi,

i am succeed to play an audio file while in an active call using CDrmPlayerUtility and tested my apps in all s60 third edition phones ( e60,n71..) but it creates problem only n n73 and n95 music edition phone.i can't play a file.

Plz help me if anyone knows about it.

Thank you,
    ketan

Re: play audio files while talking in an active call porblem only in music edition ph

That'äs because it was a bug that it worked originally, and the bug has been fixed.

Re: play audio files while talking in an active call porblem only in music edition ph

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    That'äs because it was a bug that it worked originally, and the bug has been fixed.
    hi ,
    Thanks for your valuable reply.
    can i guess is it a bug in my application or that device does not support that api .
    if it is problem with my code then how can i solve that.

plz reply ..

thanks and regards
    ketan

you gotta try using APS for this purpose, currently the only working solution on 3rd edition devices. Though there is an issue with FP 1 still, but I think it is going to be solved pretty soon.

Hi,
    i used this code but still not getting exact solution.i am using 0x102072C3 this uid.

TThreadId aId;

RApaLsSession appArcSession;

User::LeaveIfError(appArcSession.Connect());

TInt theerr=appArcSession.StartDocument(iFileName,aId);

appArcSession.Close();

if i use MMPlayerRemoteControl api can it works?

Thank you,
    ketan
    Last edited by ketanmuttha; 2007-12-20 at 10:18.

Plz help me- play video/audio clips while talking in an active call

Hi all,
    I am succeed to play a audio file while on active call.
    this is mt code

TThreadId aId;

RApaLsSession appArcSession;

User::LeaveIfError(appArcSession.Connect());

TInt theerr=appArcSession.StartDocument(iFileName,aId);

appArcSession.Close();

TApaTaskList taskList(CCoeEnv::Static()->WsSession());
    TApaTask task = taskList.FindApp(TUid::Uid(KUidMusicPlayer));
    if (task.Exists())
    {
    task.SendToBackground();
    }

but it doesn't work only n81......
    when i search on know issue they say that the solution is only http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tandalone_mode
    the S60 music player can only be launched in embedded mode by using the Document Handler API (or) the AIW framework.

Plz help me ,

thank you,
    Last edited by sunilw; 2008-01-11 at 11:28.
    Cheers...
    Sunil W.

Unhappy play video/audio clips while talking in an active call

Hi all,
    where i get more information related to this topics
    Document Handler API (or) the AIW framework?Please help me.
    I succeed to play an audio file in all devices except n81 and latest n95.

Please help me........

thank you,
    Cheers...
    Sunil W.

what kind of code are you using ?
    What happens with N95/N81, any errors, crashes shown ?

play video/audio clips while talking in an active call

Hi,
    thx for reply.The application doesn't crash at all but audio file is not playing while an active call.It works all devices except n81.i followed this link known issue http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tandalone_mode
    they say..
    the S60 music player can only be launched in embedded mode by using the Document Handler API (or) the AIW framework.
    do u know anything regarding this?

Thank you
    Cheers...
    Sunil W.

you could maybe check SDK docs for the CDocumentHandler..