Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

play video/audio clips while talking in an active call

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.I sloved this using CDocumentHandler api but file is playing only at once even though
    i changed music player setting manually i.e repeat play-> on.
    do u know what should i do for this?
    Cheers...
    Sunil W.

Re: Play audio to uplink:: Solution

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    sometimes the past experiences doesn't really help... Anyway, have been working with this problem quite awhile and getting all sorts of answers from out & inside Nokia, anyway nobody really seems to have good answers, so, like I usually say, when you want to get it done fast, you gotta do your research by yourself.

Anyway, it appers that audio playing to the uplink can be achieved pretty easily and without any extra capabilities. I was testing this with all 13 that do not need any scpecial approval (and would be great if somebody could test and narrow it down to the minimal required set). So first define capabilities in your mmp file:

CAPABILITY NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location UserEnvironment PowerMgmt ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData TrustedUI ProtServ SwEvent SurroundingsDD

And then the trick is not to use normal Audio player or recorder, but to use CDrmPlayerUtility. And I was testing it like this:

iMdaAudioPlayerUtility = CDrmPlayerUtility::NewFilePlayerL(iFileName.iName, *this,80,(TMdaPriorityPreference)0x00060001);

and in init coplete just call Play() and it plays the audio nicely to the uplink.

yucca
    Its not working for S60 5th edition.. can you help me how to do?

Nokia Developer Moderator

That workaround was based on a bug on the OS, and it has been fixed already. Thus try out APS or VAS.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    That workaround was based on a bug on the OS, and it has been fixed already. Thus try out APS or VAS.
    APS 2.4.3 is not supporting for S60 5th Edition. I want to uplink the audio during phone call