Discussion Board

Exporting and importing contact database

How do i use ExportSelectedContactsL(),ImportContactsL() functions of CContactmodel ? If any one has worked on this Please help. & Thanks for reading.

Nokia Developer Expert
    they are very simple to use, just tell the export function what you want to export and put the stream in your selected store, then just read the store back when you are importing them, and you'll get a array indicating what you just imported.

yucca

Exporting & importing contact data.

I used the function ExportSelectedContactsL() and exported one contact data, but while using ImportContactsL() , array size returned is as zero.

Nokia Developer Expert
    mine is working just fine, so it should really work, just check that the buffer wont get messed up in some points. Anyway can not share any code, so can't really help on giving any code samples in here.

yucca

Regular Contributor

Re: Exporting and importing contact database

Hi,

I am trying to use the importContactsL function and am searching the discussions boards for the last one week.
    Can you imagine there is not a single answer for the proper use of it :(

It will be really helpfull to a lot of members, if someone can post the usage of it both with Descriptors and file streams.
    There seems to be some minor mistake done by almost all in using the RFileReadStream.

Could any one please update some data in this regard.
    Thank you very much for that noble soul

regards
    arun