Discussion Board

How much is donated for a complete game?

Hi, I have a question that may not be easy to answer but I'm so interested that I just ask *g* So can someboy tell me, how much providers pay if u sell them a well done J2ME game?

I guess there is no general rule but I guess there's somethin like pricing models?

Well, I'd be very happy about an answer...

Ciao

Super Contributor
    Hi,

IMHO that all depends, upon the type of the game, theme of the game, its playability and also on different things....
    If the game becomes a big hit ; u will gain more!

regards
    Gopal

Hm, ok let me change my question... is it possbile, that if I work alone and bring out a well done game for example 2 times a year that I could have a "normal" live with the money I earn with the games? Let's say they're not a hit but the amount of sale is average...

Originally posted by KiwiChriss
    Hm, ok let me change my question... is it possbile, that if I work alone and bring out a well done game for example 2 times a year that I could have a "normal" live with the money I earn with the games? Let's say they're not a hit but the amount of sale is average...
    I don't think anybody can tell you that. It doesn't matter how well done your games are - it all comes down to marketing. If Gameloft bring out a game that is exactly like one of your titles then your sales will probably be low, if you come up with something unique that catches on you can make lots of money. The only things that you can probably guarantee will sell well are licensed products (e.g. movie tie ins)- but even then it is not a given and the license rights cost lots of money.

The markets that you can get into will also have a lot of bearing. If you can only sell via Handango then don't give up your day job, however, if you got a good game on to somewhere like Vodafone Live you might make some money.