Discussion Board

Prefetching Midi file causes midlet to seize up on 6630

I have a problem that, occasionally, when exclusive audio resources are acquired for the first time, either through playing a sound or bringing the Player to the prefetch stage, the midlet just freezes up completely. This occurs on the 6630 with firmware V 2.39.129.

Haven't seen it on other S60s but haven't tested it extensively yet.

Anyone have any clues about why it's happening or how it can be avoided? Is it likely to be a firmware issue, a 6630 specific problem, or a more general "feature" of S60 phones?

I don't have exactly same problem, but my 6630 firmware is the same v 2.39.129 and similar freezing occurs during playback or after the playing is done. It did occur on the start as well, but it went away once I freed up some memory.

Can you tell me what kind of application you are working on and how much memory you have left when you initialize the Player? I'm doing 3D app, and during the execution I have only 250k memory left. I tried to get more memory free but that didn't help.

I know with the same Player implementation my 6630 works very well on 2D app, so I suspect either shortage of memory or 3D API along with MM API is causing this.