Discussion Board

Thread: Call management

Unhappy Call management

hello @ all,
    i would like to know the available functions for call detection, originating, stoping ....
    any help or tip there ?
    thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Call management

Originally posted by yakhii
    hello @ all,
    i would like to know the available functions for call detection, originating, stoping ....
    any help or tip there ?
    thanks
    I'll probably disappoint you, but this is not implemented yet.

Re: Re: Call management

Originally posted by Zen13546
    I'll probably disappoint you, but this is not implemented yet.

Unfortunately, that's true today. Morevover, I didn't see these features within the pre-alpha version.
    I think it's quite important to have at least minimum call management such as call originating for a python app running on a phone !

Even if a 100% Python feature is not possible, could a python script execute some system function in order to orginate a call ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Regular Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Call management

Originally posted by jpbuttet
    Unfortunately, that's true today. Morevover, I didn't see these features within the pre-alpha version.
    I think it's quite important to have at least minimum call management such as call originating for a python app running on a phone !

Even if a 100% Python feature is not possible, could a python script execute some system function in order to orginate a call ?

Thanks.

Best regards.
    If you think something like executing some .exe - it is possible to restart phone using this was - I think it's not possible. But it'd be possible if you created a pyd library. You would have to write the library in C++ that would implement it, and you would import it in your script. There's a chapter "Extending Series 60 Python" in the API Reference, try it.

I'm also thinking about learning that, although I know C++, I don't like it (therefore I started with Python), but now I need to implement the noninteractive BT discover, and I think it won't be implemented by Nokia soon, so I'll have to rely on myself.
    But that's the little offtopic, sorry for that

python call management ext.

I think that it's better to begin thinking about some extensions to python for call managment. We should at least be able to detect an incoming call and/or be able to orginate a call a kind of Call module.
    Anyone has some guide lines ?

Super Contributor
    The current pre-alphas now include the telephone module. Check out 1.1.5 once it's posted.

That's a good news !

Thanks, will check out this release.

Best regards.

Originally posted by jplauril
    The current pre-alphas now include the telephone module. Check out 1.1.5 once it's posted.
    Ok thank you, will check it out right away !