Discussion Board

6681 email download.SMTP or what ?

Hello all,

please help me. I have n6681 and after total setup of the phone I cannot download my mails from my email + web space provider. When I setup the same (IP addres of mailservers acoound pass etc) on my old n6230 it works but there I have to setup also the SMTP user and pass. On the 6681 is just pop3 setting

but my provider need also SMTP authoristion. Pleaaaaase, is there any solution. I will hate the phone when I cannot use it for emails (

regards

freeangel

Super Contributor
    The phone should support POP3 and IMAP4 for retrieving email and SMTP for sending.

It should support for POP3 mailboxes also APOP secure login (at least the 6680 does) and also SSL for security (on ports 143/110 or 993/995), but I'm not sure about SMTP authentication (probably not).

Instead of your email provider's SMTP server, try using your network operator's (carrier's) SMTP server.

Originally posted by petrib
    The phone should support POP3 and IMAP4 for retrieving email and SMTP for sending.

It should support for POP3 mailboxes also APOP secure login (at least the 6680 does) and also SSL for security (on ports 143/110 or 993/995), but I'm not sure about SMTP authentication (probably not).

Instead of your email provider's SMTP server, try using your network operator's (carrier's) SMTP server.
    Hello,

nice idea, but I think it's not possible to freely use some providers smtp server without any registration.

anyway I tryid and it doesn't work at all also. The problem is the phone. One of the master technicians in our country for nokia support in Central Mobile Service sompany has the same 6681 and he agreed that this is a problem and that it has no sense to try to ask nokia for some correction. that they sucks such "little" problems.
    I will try to install some more 3rd party software but I don't hope anymore. at this point , nokia RULEZ!

ps-9300 with older symbian v7.0 has the possibility to set also the smtp user and pass too.

regards
    freeangel

Super Contributor
    Most mobile network operators allow use of their SMTP server from devices of their customers authenticated through having a SIM card from the operator and thus network access & an IP address allocated/assigned by them; they know who pays the bills for the SIM card.

6681 smtp authorisation

Hello,

so, again solved the problem alone.
    Just use a 3rd party email client. I choose ProfiMail. You can setup if there is Smtp authorisation either the name and pass. It looks great and has lot of features.

Why is nokia so stupid and cannot put there functions inside the original email client?
    Why is nokia so stupid and they put there a one minute audio recorder so that we must search for another 3rd party software?
    Why is nokia so stupid at all ????

please, is there somebody who is communication directly with people which can do something really with the new developing firmware ?
    say to them to put there smtp authorisation and an time unlimited audio recorder .... and to remove the 256k colors. 64k is enought and it will be faster

thanks a lot
    regards
    freeangel