Discussion Board

CodeWarrior, Class Wizard, Epoc Tool Bar

How to run "class browser" in CodeWarrior (like class browser in MS Visual C++) only what I see is browser with header and source files is very inconvient. I can run View -> Class Browser but there are shown all known Symbian classes I need only see my project classes.

Is there something like epoctoolbar add-ins in MS Visual C++ for CodeWarrior, it let me add new classes convient way and it makes template (skeleton of class) of derivated class - CActive, CBace, CCoeControl, CAknView so I don't have to write NewL, NewLC, DoCancel ... again and again.

Thank you

Nokia Developer Expert
    At this time the class browser will only show all Symbian classes, there isn't any way to get it to show just yours.

Terrible

What are they doing in Metrowerks Codewarrior? Nothing? Is it too big problem to implement it? Microsoft was able and Metrowerks not? Terrible

Nokia Developer Expert
    We are aware that this is a feature that needs to be implemented and are working to incorporate this into a future release. We apologize for the incovenience that this causes.

When?

Ok one month is gone any sucess with implementing the usefull classwizard to Code Warrior? How long we have to wait for it?
    Are you able to make anything or only to be sorry?

Thanx

Nokia Developer Expert
    We haven't released any update to this feature. Currently I don't have a timetable I can give as to when this will be changed.

Another great features

Where is resource file *.rss in "Project explorer" is so diffucult to make automatical mounting to project? Where is *.loc file etc..?

again when

again when I can expect usefull project class explorer in Metrowerks Codewarrior?
    Several months has been gone. I think It's a lot if you are not able to do it send me source code, published it as open source or do something at least.

Re: CodeWarrior, Class Wizard, Epoc Tool Bar

I think the "Class Browser" must be the base part of UI for any IDE designed for object-oriented language. How is it possible to release so sophisticated product without it? Nokia / Symbian with each new released SDK tries to get ride of support for MS Visual Studio and push the Code Warrior on first place. (e.g. the last SDK S60_3rd). Fine with me, but in case if CW will be at least user friendly otherwise I won't give up MS VS.
    Last edited by kompotFX; 2006-01-30 at 10:31.

Nokia Developer Expert

The class browser limitations are mainly due to the way the CodeWarrior IDE is implemented. Now that we're moving to our own Eclipse-based IDE we have much more control over things like this. The class browser support in the initial Carbide.c++ Express release will be limited, but I think you'll find it to be an improvement over the existing CodeWarrior browser. Future Carbide releases will have a more full-featured class browser.

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Platform Tools

Super Contributor

So Nokia is finally dumping Codewarrior???
    --Mayur.

Nokia Developer Expert

Yes, we made that announcement last October. See this link for more information. Carbide.c++ Express, our first release of the new IDE, should be out pretty soon.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,1_84,00.html

Regards,

Matt Pinsonneault
    Nokia Developer Platform Tools