Discussion Board

Question Does 6680 support OpenGL ES?

Hi,

as said in the title, does the 6680 suport OpenGL ES? If so, does ist make sense to switch from JSR184 to OpenGL to achieve better performance?

A list of all nokia devices that support OpenGL ES graphics API would be useful. Does anyone know where i can find such a list?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Well, it's strange that no one can answer my simple question. I mean, this is the Nokia board, where else am i supposed find an answer to my question if not here??

I know the 6630 has an implementation of OpenGL ES. All i want know is if the 6680 has one too or not. If not, is it possible to install it?

Greetings,
    Tom

Super Contributor
    If the 6630 has it, then the 6680 has it too (and so should also 6681 and 6682). All are based on "Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2".

Same question

Hi, I have same question as Elotom. I did not find relevant description from Nokia.
    Which type support OpenGLES besides 6630? and will it be supported in the future?

I tested the SPMark04 benchmark on a 6680 and a 6681 and it doesn't run, so i think both do not have an implementation of OpenGL ES.
    The 6630 seems to be the only device that has an implementation of this api.

This is a strange situtation since one OpenGL example works and another not. Perhaps it has something to do with 6680's extra colours.

This is not working for example:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._1_en.zip.html

This on the other hand works:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html

OpenGL ES is supported at OS-level (Symbian v8.0 onwards) so I guess it should be an integrated feature of all later S60 editions.

"OpenGL ES is the selected 3D API in symbian 8 and forwards"---from intro_to_opengl_es_development_on_series60_and_symbian.pdf