Discussion Board

Unhappy N6260 and Image capture.

I'm trying to capture an image with N6260.

But even if I get "true" from System.getProperty("supports.video.capture"), the creation of a player (player = Manager.createPlayer("capture://video") fails and throws a MediaException [Symbian OS error: -1].

My firmware version is:
    V 3.0436.0
    03-09-04
    RM-25

Same code works fine with N6630 and N9500.

Anyone having similar problems?
    If so, does someone know which devices actually support videocapture and wich devices just say they do!?

Also, is there somewhere a list of devices that will reply "true" to System.getProperty("supports.video.capture")?

- Jibbox

Re: N6260 and Image capture.

Originally posted by jibbox
    I'm trying to capture an image with N6260.

But even if I get "true" from System.getProperty("supports.video.capture"), the creation of a player (player = Manager.createPlayer("capture://video") fails and throws a MediaException [Symbian OS error: -1].
    To make this even "funnier"... I managed to try on a N6600, and it replies false to System.getProperty("supports.video.capture"), BUT if I ignore this and go ahead, then capturing the image actually works.

=> Is there ANY OTHER way to reliably detect whether the device supports capturing images or not than catching the MediaException from creating the player !?