Discussion Board

Does anybody started SIP application on a real device???

Does anybody started SIP application on a real device???

does it works???

Hi!

hi, i met a problem when i implement SIP application on 6600. that is, i can't register my 6600 to PC(using bluetooth as the link layer, and using IP over Bluetooth on 6600 as network layer).

hi,

>i can't register my 6600 to PC - why do you trying this????? -
    you only need:
    1. get GPRS provider
    2. get SIP provider

may be yor are trying to register on SIP Server emulator from
    real phone????????? - I think it's possible if your PC has external IP.

here is my story:
    At first when I'v got SIP provider, I tryed to register on a real SIP server from phone Emulator(I,m using SDK_20_FP2 & SIP Plugin(3.0)) - it works!

but when I tryed to register from a real phone(6630) - it does not work;

may be you have some idea?????

Hi!

Yes , i also succeeded in registering on a real SIP server from Emulator.
    My problem also happens when i trying this on 6600 phone. what do you use to link your phone to SIP server? GPRS? or Bluetooth PAN? i have tried Bluetooth as the link layer. however the CSIPConnection stayed in EInActive state and never got into EActive state. so 6600 can't be registered to SIP server.
    is is the same when you use GPRS?

hi

Yes , i also succeeded in registering on a real SIP server from Emulator.
    My problem also happens when i trying this on 6600 phone. what do you use to link your phone to SIP server? GPRS? or Bluetooth PAN? i have tried Bluetooth as the link layer. however the CSIPConnection stayed in EInActive state and never got into EActive state. so 6600 can't be registered to SIP server.
    is is the same when you use GPRS?

I tryed to connect to SIP server through GPRS, I suppose that SIP stack must ask me to select any Access Point(existing connection/provider) to connect, but this does not happend; -
    it ,means that stack does not create any client socket to connect to SIP server(UDP, port=5060), today I found a notise that "Please note! Nokia SIP Plug-in 3.0 for Series 60 SDK does not currently support Nokia 6630" - i'm using 6630;

if you want I can send to you my simple test, - you will try it on your 6600, then tell me results;

ok.

i am using sip-3.29-s60-2.1b.sis(downloadable from forum.nokia.com). I think you can set your Access Point in CSIPConnection::NewL().(don't use profile).
    Besides, i would like your sample codes, i can test it on 6600.. My email is sky_handsome@hotmail.com.
    Thank you very much...: )