Discussion Board

Unhappy 6230i screen size issue

Hi! I was wondering if there's a way to run s40 apps and games on 6230i in fullscreen. Since the screen resolution is 208*208 some programs are running approx. only on the 1/4 of the screen while other run on the full screen. Does anybody know a way to solve this problem?

Super Contributor
    Hi reapest!! welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

IMHO there is no way to run smaller screen size apps in full screen in 6230i....
    I suppose necessary porting of graphics images have to be done!

regards
    Gopal

Thank you for your reply!
    I've tried to interpolate the graphics in a .jar (resize them nearly to the 208:128 of their original size) but then the file size became much bigget than maximum that is acceptable.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

The main thing while developing apps for mobile devices is to limit the JAR size with in the limitations.
    Saw in the device specs that the Max Jar size of 6230i is about 500Kb..I suppose it would be easy to limit the JAR size with in 500Kb..

If still it goes higher try using some image optimisers and also try to reduce the number of colours you are using in the images ; there by reducing the graphics size..

regards
    Gopal

I am Facing the initial problem of how to transfer my j2me application through Bluetooth to 6230i, whenever i transfer my jar file to 6230i it always got stored into gallery, instead of storing(installing) in application folder, and also it shows unsupported format type in Gallery. And the same Basic jar is working well when downloaded to other series 40 mobile phone(s.a 3100,3200.)... Plz guide me in this installation issue..

Regular Contributor
    Originally posted by amitkumar_j2me
    I am Facing the initial problem of how to transfer my j2me application through Bluetooth to 6230i, whenever i transfer my jar file to 6230i it always got stored into gallery, instead of storing(installing) in application folder, and also it shows unsupported format type in Gallery. And the same Basic jar is working well when downloaded to other series 40 mobile phone(s.a 3100,3200.)... Plz guide me in this installation issue..
    Use Application Installer from Nokia PC Suite 6.5

erorr

after i have resized the imaga and installed on the phon ... i get the folloving erorr : Null Pointer java\lang\NullPointerException

Super Contributor
    Hi,

java\lang\NullPointerException is mainly due to some missing files; Please make sure that you have all the image files ; and not missed any one while resizing...

regards
    Gopal

the resulting error is not becuse i have lost some files ... i discovered whil i resisez to 208*208

Regular Contributor
    A null point is because there was no image loaded (assuming the pointer was to an image).

This could be because:

1: There was no image to load ..
    2: The image was too big and as such didn't load
    3: You have simply forgotten to load the image
    4: You have used a format not supported, as such the image has not loaded
    5: You have corrupted the image in some way, as such it hasn't loaded
    6: You deliberately threw your own "null pointer" exception :-)