Discussion Board

Angry Help: newbie. Which emulator?

Help me, please: which emulator do I need to run Python into?
    I find sdks only "oriented": Java, C++ for code warrior, dev studio, etc; there is not a general purpose...
    I download the Java version, but I didn't be able to run python in it...

Pietro

Re: Help: newbie. Which emulator?

Originally posted by pimol
    Help me, please: which emulator do I need to run Python into?
    I find sdks only "oriented": Java, C++ for code warrior, dev studio, etc; there is not a general purpose...
    I download the Java version, but I didn't be able to run python in it...

Pietro
    This is what I did:

* Install Windows XP with SP2

* Install Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003. I made sure I had the Microsoft .Net Framework v1.1 update (or whatever) installed as well.

* Install the Series 60 Developer Platform SDK's for Symbian OS, for C++ from http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-4,00.html On this page, choose the "2nd Ed, FP2 (146268 kB)" option.

* Install the Python for Series 60 tools from http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-821,00.html On this page, choose the "PythonForSeries60_SDK_2_1.zip (20022 kB)" option.

* Configure the emulator to connect to the internet by opening the applet (?) located at Start Menu/Programs/Series 60 Developer Tools/Series 60 C++ SDKs/SDK 2.1 for Symbian OS Supporting Microsoft Visual C++ .NET/Tools/Ethernet Support Configuration. Luckily I have a spare IP address so entered my own and unchecked the "Network adapter in promiscuous mode" option.

Write your Python. Then:

# Place the code in C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21\Epoc32\release\wins\udeb\z\system\apps\PYTHON. I made a shortcut to this folder for ease of use.

# Start the debug version of the emulator from the shortcut at Start Menu/Programs/Series 60 Developer Tools/Series 60 C++ SDKs/SDK 2.1 for Symbian OS Supporting Microsoft Visual C++ .NET/Emulator (Debug). Or, if you prefer, create a shortcut to C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21\Epoc32\release\wins\udeb\epoc.exe.

M.

Re: Re: Help: newbie. Which emulator?

Originally posted by lvngt5gj9
    This is what I did:

M.

Thank. It works, althoug I don't use Visual studio!

Pietro