Discussion Board

Streaming video and problems with CVideoRecorderUtility::OpenDesL()

Hello, i'm working in an application in symbian and a 6630 nokia phone. I want to stream video from mobile phone to pc, i achieve to send video from mobile to pc with de function CVideoRecorderUtility::OpenFileL(), opening a file a sending it after it is recorded.

TFileName filePath;
    iUtility->OpenFileL(iFilePath, aCameraHandle, iControllerUid, iFormatUid);

Now i want to stream the video and i want to use CVideoRecorderUtility::OpenDesL(), but the function doesn`t work and i don't now why.

I put an extract of my code:

TBuf8<1000000> iBuffer;
    CVideoRecorderUtility* iUtility;
    iBuffer.FillZ();
    iBuffer.Zero();
    iUtility->OpenDesL(iBuffer, aCameraHandle, iControllerUid, iFormatUid);

the function MvruoOpenComplete(TInt aError) returns error -5 (KErrNotSupported)

the parameters are the same in both functions, the only change is that i want to open a descriptor instead of opening a file.

any help? thx.

Cesar

Smile Re: Streaming video and problems with CVideoRecorderUtility::OpenDesL()

Hello,

Just wondering if you were eventually able to resolve this error. Also, did you
    find any work arounds to using a large buffer to the entire video clip is stored? For instance, using a chain of buffers and buffer descriptors?

Regards,

Shekhar

Re: Streaming video and problems with CVideoRecorderUtility::OpenDesL()

There may be a workaround: open a file on the ramdrive, D: Not perfect, perhaps, but with a bit of extra code, it should work fine. I will try it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik Eldh
    There may be a workaround: open a file on the ramdrive, D: Not perfect, perhaps, but with a bit of extra code, it should work fine. I will try it soon.
    I think it's a good idea. I was working in other applications nowadays but i'm still interested in this topic, streaming a video from phone to pc or from phone to phone. If you achieved something, I would be very pleased if you could give any information or any clue of how you did it.

In the past i tried to open a file, but i couldn't access to the data until the video was totally recorded.

I hope to know soon about you.
    César.

i think this is because the OpenDesL method was unsupported in CVideoRecorderUtility as have been mention in this source:
    http://forum.nokia.com/document/Foru...derUtility.htm